HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED & USED
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address, as described above. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, signing up for a giveaway, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To market products through display or affiliate advertisements;
- To market to you on third-party platforms, such as Facebook;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website; or
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website may share information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website.
Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- FACEBOOK – we use a Facebook pixel to help us better understand our audience and to provide you with additional information or services that may be of interest to you at a later date. In addition, this service could be used for targeted marketing on Facebook or across Facebook ad network partners.
- AFFILIATE NETWORKS – the Website participates in affiliate marketing, which is described more fully below. When you make a purchase using an affiliate link, the third-party from which you make the purchase may transfer information regarding the sale back to us. This will depend on the individual company’s privacy policies. Currently, we host affiliate links from the following providers:
Amazon Associate Program. Here is their privacy notice.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
This Website uses Google Analytics to analyze traffic to the Website. In order to track usage, Google Analytics places a cookie with a randomly generated Client ID on your browser. Google does use your personal information such as your IP address in order to capture reporting for the Website regarding usage. You may opt-out of Google Analytics through a Browser Add-on, which is available here.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
YourTimetoFly.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Sensitive Personal Information
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
GDPR – RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Throughout this policy, we have disclosed what information we collect and how it is used. Under GDPR, you also have the following rights:
Right to Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also contact us at the email below to be removed from our mailing list.
Right to Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request.
Right to Amend – You may contact us to amend or update your personal information.
Right to Be Forgotten – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data.
You may exercise any of these rights by emailing [email protected]
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law. Unless you exercise such rights, we reserve the right to retain your data.
CCPA – RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a resident of California, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”). Throughout this policy, we have disclosed what information we collect, how it is used, and the types of third parties that may receive your information. Under CCPA, you also have the following rights:
Right to Access – You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the personal information we collect and how it has been used over the past 12 months. After we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following:
- The categories of your personal information we collected;
- The categories of your personal information we sold;
- The categories of any third parties to whom we have sold your personal information;
- A list of which categories of your personal information we sold to each party; and,
- The categories of your personal information we disclose for business purposes.
Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
Please note that this right does not apply when we need to retain your personal information in order to do the following:
- Provide goods or services to you;
- Detect or resolve security or functionality-related issues;
- Comply with the law;
- Conduct research in the public interest;
- Safeguard the right to free speech; or,
- Carry out any actions for internal purposes that you might reasonably expect.
Right to Non-Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under CCPA. In particular, we may not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices for goods or services, whether through denying benefits or imposing penalties;
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or,
- Threaten you with any of the above.
Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
If you would like to opt-out of the sale of your personal information contact [email protected]
How to submit a verifiable consumer request
To exercise these rights, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Contacting us at ta[email protected] or mailing at Red Giant Media LLC, P.O. Box 84, Cumberland, RI 02864.
Please note that only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a request on behalf of a minor child.
You may only make a request under these rights twice in a twelve-month period. Your verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information (or that it is an authorized representative acting on your behalf);
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand and respond to it.
NEVADA PRIVACY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE INTERNET FROM CONSUMERS ACT
Pursuant to the Nevada Privacy of Information Collected on the Internet from Consumers Act (“NPICICA”), Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of any personal information. As described above, your personal information may be shared with third-party service providers/operators in order to fulfill purchased products or to communicate with you. We do not sell (which is defined in the NPICICA as “the exchange of covered information for monetary consideration by the operator to a person for the person to license or sell the covered information to additional persons”) your covered information, which includes:
- Your first and last name;
- Your address;
- Your email address;
- Your phone number;
- Your social security number;
- Any identifier that would allow you to be contacted either physically or online; or,
- Any other information concerning you, collected from you by the Website and maintained by us, in combination with an identifier in a form that makes the information personally identifiable.
If you have any questions regarding our usage of your personal information, please email [email protected]
Last updated: April 25, 2022